The Audible for Windows Phone app update is now live in the Windows Store! Check it out here.
Windows Phone App v9.0.1 Release
This is the first release of the Audible for Windows Phone app in over a year and we’re sorry it’s taken so long. This release addresses stability issues and bugs caused by incompatibilities between the previous version of the app and the Windows Phone 8.1 OS, and introduces several exciting new features such as personalized audiobook recommendations, voice commands, audio sample playback, and more.
The new app was implemented in the Windows 8.1 framework as a universal application. This enables developers to code for one platform, share the code on another platform, and perform incremental fine-tuning, optimization and presentation layer work to support other platforms.
What’s New in v9.0.1:
- The “Before you go” experience, which includes the ability to rate and review titles from within the app and new content recommendations (similar titles by the same author, narrator and next in series).
- New pages showing recommended and similar titles to help listeners find their next audiobook.
- The ability to play audio samples from within the app.
- Voice-commands that allow users to control playback hands-free.
- Storage card support to save audio files to a SD card.
We hope you will enjoy this release and please send us your feedback. Click here to download the app on your Windows Phone and get started.